(From Dr. Robert O Young)
Salt is a vital substance for the
survival of all living creatures,
particularly humans. Water and salt regulate the water content of the body.
Water itself regulates the water content of the interior of the cell by
working its way into all of the cells it reaches. It has to get there to
cleanse and extract the toxic wastes of cell metabolisms. Salt forces some
water to stay outside the cells. It balances the amount of water that stays
outside the cells. There are two oceans of water in the body; one ocean is
held inside the cells of the body, and the other ocean is held outside the
cells. Good health depends on a most delicate balance between the volume of
these oceans, and this balance is achieved by salt - unrefined salt.
When water is available to get inside the cells freely, it is filtered from
the outside salty ocean and injected into the cells that are being
overworked despite their water shortage. This is the reason why in severe
dehydration we develop an edema and retain water. The design of our bodies
is such that the extent of the ocean of water outside the cells is expanded
to have the extra water available for filtration and emergency injection
into vital cells. The brain commands an increase in salt and water retention
by the kidneys. This is how we get an edema when we don't drink enough
alkaline energized high pH water.
Initially, the process of water filtration and its delivery into the cells
is more efficient at night when the body is horizontal. The collected water,
that mostly pools in the legs, does not have to fight the force of gravity
to get into the blood circulation. If reliance of this process of emergency
hydration of some cells continues for long, the lungs begin to get
waterlogged at night, and breathing becomes difficult. The person needs more
pillows to sit upright to sleep. This condition is the consequence of
dehydration. However, you might overload the system by drinking too much
acidic water at the beginning. Increases in alkaline water intake must be
slow and spread out until urine production begins to increase at the same
rate that you drink the alklaline water. And the most important thing to
remember is that the water you drink must be 9.5 pH or higher with a redox
of at least -250 mV.
When we drink enough alkaline energized water to pass clear urine, we also
pass out a lot of the salt that was held back. This is how we can get rid of
edema fluid or acidic fluid in the body; by drinking more alkaline energized
water. Not diuretics, but more alkaline energized water!! In people who have
an extensive edema or acidity and show signs of their heart beginning to
have irregular or very rapid beats with least effort, the increase in
alkaline water intake should be gradual and spaced out, but not withheld
from the body. You can also take sea salt directly into your mouth to regulate your heart.
Sea salt has many other functions
than just regulating the
water content of the body. Here are some of the more vital functions of
sea salt in the body:
1. Sea Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular
heartbeats and, Contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood
pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in
conjunction with alkaline energized water. Naturally the proportions are
2. Sea salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from
the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
3. Sea Salt is vital for balancing the acidic sugar levels in
the blood; a needed element in diabetics.
4. Sea Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric
energy in cells in the body. It is used for local power generation at the
sites of energy needed by the cells.
5. Sea Salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and
information processing all the time that the brain cells work, from the
moment of conception to death.
6. Sea Salt is vital for absorption of food particles through
the intestinal tract.
7. Sea Salt Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucous
plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
8. Sea Salt Salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion
of the sinuses.
9. Sea Salt is a strong natural antihistamine.
10. Sea Salt is essential for the prevention of muscle
11. Sea Salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to
the point that it flows out of the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly
mop up excess saliva indicates salt shortage and over-acidity.
12. Sea Salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of
bones firm. Osteoporosis, in a major way, is a result of salt and water
shortage in the body.
13. Sea Salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural
14. Sea Salt is a vitally needed element in the treatment of
15. Sea Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.
16. Sea salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty
17. Salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.
18. Sea Salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and
spider veins on the legs and thighs.
19. Sea Salt is vital to the communication and information
processing nerve cells the entire time that the brain cells work - from the
moment of conception to death.
20. Sea Salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the
body is short of salt, it means the body really is short of alkaline
energized water. The salivary glands sense the salt shortage and are obliged
to produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and
also to supply the stomach with water that it needs for alkalizing foods.
Circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become
"leaky" in order to supply the glands with water to manufacture saliva. The
"leakiness" spills beyond the area of the glands themselves, causing
increased bulk under the skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the neck.
21. Sea Salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body
needs. Some of these elements are needed in trace amounts. Sea Salt is
better choice of salt than other types of salt on the
market. Ordinary table salt that is bought in the super markets has been
stripped of its companion elements and contains additive elements such as
aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous. Aluminum is a very toxic
element in our nervous system. It is implicated as one of the primary causes
of Alzheimer's disease.
22. Twenty-seven percent of the body's salt is in the bones.
Osteoporosis results when the body needs more salt and takes it from the
body. Bones are twenty-two percent water. Is it not obvious what happens to
the bones when we're deficient in salt or water or both.
23. Sea Salt will help balance acidic hormones and the
symptoms associated with hormone imbalance.
24. Sea Salt will reverse sugar cravings.
25. Sea Salt will neutralize acids associated with muscel
cramps or restless leg syndrome.
26. Sea Salt will help reduce adrenal stress.
27. Sea Salt will provide a matrix for cellular
28. Sea Salt will help energize the body.
29. Sea Salt will help reduce hot flashes.
30. Sea Salt will provide the primary elements for producing
sodium bicarbonate to alkalize the fluids of the extracellular and